Monday, November 26, 2007

Good times fly fast...



Well this Thanksgiving certainly flew by fast. I cant believe it came and now its gone. Whew. Now Christmas is right around the corner!?

I have a theory about that. It goes like this; GLOBAL WARMING.

Yep that is right! I said it! All this jazz being talked about polar bears and wildfires only further removes us from the fact that the temperature is still so mild in the fall. Then pushing back the change of day light savings time. Halloween spent with no coats or darkness. You get so caught up that you don't realize, even with Halloween coming and going that it is that time of the year already. You see, (global warming) leads the holidays to creep up on us and then sucker punch us in the face..... ugh! Now I've got to run around like a chicken without a head to get gifts for the kids, family, dog, friends and plan Xavier's birthday party!! And my 2 year old has the nerve to walk around screaming "Not Fair" HA!

Well enough about my theories.

Thanksgiving was nice, but quiet this year as practically my entire family was separated. Something that never happens. So that was different. But all in all it was good. Zoe, prepared the turkey and stuffing in its entirety. Way to go little lady, as I type here before you, a 31 year old woman who has never cooked a turkey, no less prepped it and basted it for hours and hours. She really was proud of herself and she SHOULD be. The turkey was delicious. yumm, yumm, yumm, yumm. (cookie monster style)
At any rate, the day was very nice so my mother, myself, Zoe, Xavier and Lily (our dog) took a nice long walk. The backdrop was stunning with leaves littering the grass and streets. ugh. To die for. When we returned Zachary was still asleep just where we left him and grandpa was still watching TV, just where we left him too.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home