Monday, June 01, 2009

Just me and my DVD playa

If you know me, you know that I am not much of a movie\TV watcher. I don’t have cable and as recently as last week my television has been displaying a “No Signal” sign about 3 weeks earlier then the country is supposed to go digital. The other thing about me is that I am an all or nothing kinda girl. I think it has to do with obsession\compulsion. I get a thought, act out on it, and become obsessed with it. It is the only thing I will do for months and then out of no where, I am completely over it. This ‘obsession\compulsion’ holds no bars and goes for everything from my six months of morning veggie shakes to my one year of reading only to Facebook vs Twitter to suddenly needing to have a draw full of Vicky’s panties. It doesn’t matter, once the notion is in my head, I cannot let it go.

My friends have become tired of saying “Did you ever see that movie ___________?” and me simply saying “No”. Which would always be met with a roll of the eyes or a “Get out!! You’ve never seen that?! It was a classic!” Or “Dude... that movie is from the 90's. What were you doing that you couldn’t see it?”

Having enough of my “No’s” the sweet souls they are set up an intervention of sorts and started a movie night at my place, you know, to culture me up a little. Alas, some of the shock and horror has now been replace with; “You know that movie_________? Well, of course you don’t but we’ll add it to our movie night.” They even Netflix with me in mind! What a bunch huh? Glad to have some company I usually whip up some tasty treats and make sure I have beer stocked. All in all, it’s a good time! But here is the thing, I think I am getting hooked! I’ve become so bored of reading every night. So, I have turned to the local supermarket Red Box. (Genius idea- a movie for a buck!) While I was mostly fine with being “the girl with no clue” I now want to be “that other girl” The one who knows EXACTLY what movie you are talking about! The one who knows all about that director and his tendencies. The one who can say “Oh... wasn’t she in that movie too!” Hell, I want to actually have a favorite movie! How about that? I want to “whoa” the crowd, dazzle them with my movie knowledge, I want to be a “cool kid”.

Do you smell what I smell? Uh-huh, thasssright... it’s another compulsion on the rise.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home